Panel discussions over three days will cover the following topics:
- Effective use of digital music platforms
- The music value chain (Africa and other developing countries vs developed markets – the learnings / opportunities for growth)
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
- The role of radio in the music value chain
- Intellectual Property, Copyright and Royalty collection systems
- What’s the score – Indie record companies and major record companies
- Skills development and training
- Job creation in the entertainment sector and the arts
- Music tourism and its contribution to GDP
- Roundtable discussions will be used to address music-policy matters and issues related to regulation, or lack thereof, within the music Industry in South Africa.
- The future of the music Business: Surviving COVID-19
- Music market in the digital era: (streaming, gaming, social media (Indie vs Majors)
- Song writing and digital publishing
- How to tour overseas and export South African artistry to foreign markets
- Entering the Canadian market: artist management, touring etc
- How Ontario creates and empowers its industry and artists. Sharing best practices with Gauteng.
- In 2021, SAMW will be a virtual event, but this will not deter from enjoying a number of musical performances and celebrations.
- In future, SAMW will stage a multi-venue music festival in the city of Johannesburg that will be a mix of:
Small Venue Performances
Exhibition Space Performances
MUSIC TRADE EXPO
Taking place during the three days of discussions, the Music Trade Expo will comprise several music related services and product exhibitors.
BUSINESS TO BUSINESS NETWORKING
This platform allows for pre-scheduled one-on-one meetings for attendees with key industry decision-makers – to forge new working relationships, ask advice etc. Industry professionals who will network and share their expertise include:
- Booking agents
- Record labels
- Digital content distributors
- TV, print, and radio broadcasters
HALL OF HONOURS
An event that pays tribute to, and recognition of, those pioneers and trailblazers, emerging and established industry players who are leading the way in establishing new frontiers for music in the 21st Century and 4IR, along with those who are breaking out into export markets, seminal artistic collaborations and champions of change in the music and the arts.
- South African Cultural Association of B.C.
- Soul Candi
- The Station
Click below for FREE REGISTRATION